Coach Natasha Van der Merwe
Founder and Head Coach
Passionate About Inspiring Others
NATASHA VAN DER MERWE is a long time endurance coach and professional triathlete from 2010 to 2023.
Since 2009, Natasha has coached hundreds of athletes both online and in person covering all aspects of the sport from a high touch and detailed approach to training guidance to high level technique guidance on the swim, bike, and run to finally ensuring all athletes are fueled for training and race day demands.
Prior to starting NVDM Coaching, she directed Camps and Clinics for Bicycle World, was the Director at Austin Aquatics and Sports Academy, building that program from the ground up to one of the largest teams in the nation within the first year.
She coaches multiple Professional Triathletes, most notably, 2 x Ironman Champion, Alice Alberts, and has worked with multiple well known CEO's and Personalities like Nick Bare, Steve Weatherford, Phil Daru, Bobby Dautrich, Bubbie Golf, Devon Levesque, Matt Jansen, Domenic Iacovone and Jimmy Decicco.
Up to this point she has helped more than 12 athletes achieve their goal of qualifying for their Professional license within a very short time frame, 60+ athletes qualify for the Ironman World Championships in Kona, 200 + qualify for the 70.3 World Championships, and multiple athletes qualify for the spot on Team USA for the ITU World Championships
* Professional Triathlete since 2010
* Ironman PR of 9:25
* 70.3 PR of 4:23
* Olympic distance PR of 2:07
* 3rd at Challenge Atlantic City
* Multiple Top 10 finishes at Ironman and 70.3 Events
* Multiple Wins of Local Austin triathlons such as the Cap Tex Tri and the Rookie Tri.
* Number 1 ranked triathlete in the SouthMidwest Region in her first year of triathlon.
* Coaches 2 x Ironman Champion, Alice Alberts
* Helped multiple athletes achieve their pro license
* Coached and currently coaching multiple professional athletes
* Multiple athletes with Ironman & 70.3 Age Group and Overall wins
* Coached over 1000 athletes of varying abilities and backgrounds
* Multiple athletes with Ironman and 70.3 wins in their first season in the sport
* Coached and supported blind athlete towards the Paralympics in 2016
* Coached 100+ athletes who have qualified for World Championship races across multiple distances, including Ironman, 70.3 and Olympic.